Technical Lead PHP
Pune / Mumbai, India
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of Software Developers - responsible for efficiently performing tasks and delivering projects.
- Train team on advanced PHP programming techniques, and dig into an existing codebase to gain understanding and intent of various application features.
- Implement and enhance the processes and tasks related to Products.
- Interact with the client and fully understand requirements for each project.
- Consult technology solutions to solve business-related problems efficiently.
- Take part in code reviews and refactoring process during development life-cycle.
- Conduct regular refactoring based on the performance and benchmarking standards while maintaining high coding standards (SOLID principles) throughout the team.
- Prepare and present application architecture design, and should be able to implement it effectively.
- Ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met.
A very open, collaborative, high-energy, non-hierarchical, no cabin environment, no dress code. Exposure to multiple technologies and tools, with the freedom to learn and grow in any direction.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5 - 8 years driving key decisions from the technology side.
- Hands on experience with:
- Core PHP
- Any PHP frameworks like CakePHP, Zend, CodeIgniter, Laravel, Symfony, Yii
- CMS like Drupal, WordPress
- E-commerce frameworks like Magento, Zen Cart
- OOPs concepts, Design Patterns, SOLID principles
- Source Code Management tools like Git, SVN
- Code-sniffer, Sonar, Xdebug
- Uses TDD (PHPUnit) to write rock-solid code
- Practices agile techniques from Scrum and Kanban, including TDD, standups, code review, story cards, and other Scrum ceremonies
- An advocate of PHP best practices
- Experience in architecting and implementing:
- large scale PHP applications
- Web Services like RESTful web services and SOAP
- Redis, memcached, etc. according to benchmark testing
- Strong PHP Programming concepts
- ORM like Doctrine, Propel
- Relational Database: Postgres or Mysql
- Unix and Linux systems
- Ability to deal with noSql Database: MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4j